Friday, March 15, 2013

MIDDLE

"Somewhere in the Middle" is a song by Casting Crowns, I hadn't listen to it in a while. Yesterday, as I was walking it spoke to me. Here are some of the words.
Somewhere between the hot and the cold
Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle.
In Revelations 3:15-16, Jesus talks about the church that is lukewarm. And he says that he wished they were either hot or cold, not in the middle. Sometimes, when I try to walk the path that God has laid out for me I try to take control. It is hard to step out on faith in some areas, and almost impossible in others. When I am in the middle is when I am not fully surrendered, Jesus is there saying come on I wish you would either drop out completely or let go and let me have the control! He wants me to be useful to him, in the middle it is possible, just not as easy. Lord help me to let go and let you have control completely so I'm not somewhere in the middle.

The Quote:
"I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were either cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I’m about to spit you out of my mouth." ~Revelations 3:15-16
The Drawing:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment