Monday, March 4, 2013

PRAISEWORTHY

The last word from Philippians 4:8. Almost every translation of this passage say, worthy of praise, praise, or deserving of praise. My question is whose praise are we to seek? The Bible says we are not to seek the praise of men. So here it must be talking about God or is it talking about think on things that praise and worship God?

I believe if I meditate on the things that are true, pure, noble, just, lovely, of good report, and virtuous, I am praising God. To do all of those my mind has to be trained to stay in the word and have His words flow from mind when they are needed to love and comfort others in the good times and in times of need. They need to be there so I can keep my self from straying from the paths God wants me to walk. They need to be there to keep me ready to be a witness for Him. The meditations of my heart and mind need to be acceptable to God and glorify Him. Then maybe in the end he will look at me and say, "Well done." I am afraid that will not be the case, although I am trying to keep my thoughts and my heart on the things that are pleasing to God.

The Quote:
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things"Philippians 4:8
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment