Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SAME

The Quote:
"Be of the same mind toward one another." ~Romans 12:16a
Well, Paul just keeps repeating himself over and over I think, so these things have to be important. Basically, he is saying to treat each other the way we want to be treated. Treat each other with the same respect, not favoring one person over another.

We are all the same, yet sometimes we can let our minds wonder off in our thoughts of how different we are than someone else. How much better or worse off we are, how we have to work harder or not as hard, how life is not fair. I know my mind wonders off in those directions all the time, I find myself comparing my life to someone else. This is not what I am supposed to do, it only helps me to continue to be either proud in a way that is not right or it helps me to be so negative about myself that I get depressed. Paul is saying not to think about anyone that way, especially someone who is a brother or sister in Christ. We are all the same, we are all children of God and we have everything that God wants us to have to live for him in harmony.  We need to be uplifting to one another and show the world how to care for others.

Lord, help me to control my thoughts so I can honor you and live in harmony with my brothers and sisters in Christ, not think myself to be better or worse than anyone. Help me know we are all the same and we should treat each other with love and encouragement.

The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment