Thursday, April 4, 2013

FLUTTER

Strange word I know but that was what my heart was doing most of the evening yesterday. I guess that is what it is called. At times it felt like I had just ran around the block. I don't have those feels as much anymore, not like I did right after my 1st heart attack, and I tell you it is an unwelcome feeling.

I know that God has control of all things in my life, even if I don't think so. He knows what is happening and has allowed it to happen for reasons. A lot of what I was and am feeling with regard to my heart has to do with stress, anxiety, and worry. Things I know I should not do.

Yesterday, evening I did something that I needed to do, even though it was hard. I went to visit some people in the nursing home. I have not been to a nursing home since my Granny was in one, over 30 years ago. So, yesterday was hard and I think the stress of that time may have had a bit to do with the heart fluttering, skipping, or racing I was having. I had a nice time visiting with the people who I visited, the problem is I wish that no one ever had to be in a place like that. It hurts my heart to think about it. I have to remember that at least they are being "cared" for and maybe God will give me the courage to to go back and visit them again. I know that is what they would like. Lord, help me to show your mercy and love by swallowing my fear and uneasiness about visiting people who really need encouragement.

The Quote:
“We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever.” ~ Dr. Carl Sagan
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment