Sunday, April 21, 2013

SERVING

I know I used this word before, I may use it again. It is an important word and it is in this passage. The last time I wrote about it was in the context of serving others. This is serving the Lord. I know there is really know difference because if you are serving the Lord you are probably serving others and vise-versa.

So how do we serve the Lord. One way is to love the Lord with all our hearts, our souls, our minds and our strength (Mark 12:30). He deserves the best worship we can give Him from our whole being in spirit and truth (John 4:24). We can serve the Lord by telling people about all that He has done for us. Being a testimony. (Acts 1:8)  Letting our light shine in the darkness. We serve the Lord by loving others (John 13:34-35). We are actually to love others better than we love ourselves (Philippians 2:3).

There are so many things we can do to serve the Lord and they don't have to be out in the open for everyone to see. If God see how you love and serve him that is all that matters. He is the one we should be trying to impress, not men. (Matthew 6:2) God desires our whole being to be in tune with His will and serving Him. It is not easy to do, and I am sure only one person on earth did it completely, Jesus. I want to strive to be Christ like and serving my Lord in the ways that He wills and deserves.

The Quote:
"serving the Lord." ~Romans 12:11c

The Drawing:





No comments:

Post a Comment