Saturday, April 6, 2013

DREAMS

Sometimes, I wonder why people dream. I am talking about the dreams we have when we sleep. Dreams of what the future may hold or daydreams are not usually bad in my book. The dreams we have at night (or whenever we sleep) do they have a purpose? I suppose they are outlets for our sub-conscience, to help us deal with things in our lives whether good or bad.

Quite often I have dreams that are not nightmares as such, they are very discomforting. Other times I have dreams that are like normal life and are "happy". I have had a few nightmares also. I almost always remember portions of my dreams, especially the ones that aren't very good. Those memories tend to haunt me for the next day or so.

I try very hard not to let those bad dreams cloud my day and my thoughts. It is hard. I need to remember that if I hide God's Word in my heart, and meditate on that I should not be plagued with the bad thoughts as much. That is also hard to do, I am trying. This is going to be one of those days it seems. I pray that God will help me look to His Word for comfort from these memories of my dreams last night. I Praise Him because I know He will, if I let Him!

The Quote: This might be a scary thought.
"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you." ~Marsha Norman
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment