Sunday, April 14, 2013

HYPOCRISY

Hypocrisy: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion.

This is a word I believe no one really likes. No one wants to be accused of being a hypocrite. I hate to say that at one time or another I know I was one. I try not to be false, I try to be genuine. That is not always an easy task. Being "real" is hard, especially in the face of others who expect you to be a certain way and you aren't. 

I am again going to use a passage of scripture to glean my words from for a while. In the bible I am using the Title that has been given this section of verses is "Behave Like a Christian." I was asked once to write some things down about how I should behave from these scriptures, my list has been in my face for a while now. I think I will share them.

First admonition right off the bat is "Let love be without hypocrisy." This means what it says. If you are going to show love show real love. Don't be fake. Make sure your whole countenance shows it, not just your words and actions (a hug, pat on the shoulder). I don't know about you, I can see when people are faking love most of the time. This isn't talking about the love you have for a spouse or your own child (although there are times we might fake true love then also) it is the love you show to others outside your personal circle. Those who the world has deemed unlovable, unwanted, not worthy of love. As a Christian we are supposed to love everyone. It is hard to do. It is even harder for the love to be genuine. That is the way we are to love if we are call God's child. Lord, help me to love with out hypocrisy. 

The Quote: 
"Let love be without hypocrisy." ~Romans 12:9a
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment