Sunday, July 22, 2018

Bountiful

I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me. Psalm 13:6
God gives to us with a generous heart and is bountiful in all that He does for us.  He love is wonderfully abundant and we should praise Him for all that He does for us. Yes, it is hard to remember this all the time, that is something we should strive for.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
His word tells us that our abundant life can be stolen by a thief... Satan. He messes with Christians all the time trying to keep us from being joyful, peaceful, and loving. He doesn't want us to be a witness to the bountiful love of our Lord. He wants us to live a defeated life, one that is no good to us or anyone else. So many times this happens to be. I have a melancholy spirit, much like I think David did. Someone told me the other day that they thought all creative people are that way. I would agree, my emotions and spirit tend to drive my "art" and music. I need God's Spirit to have more control in my life so I can live abundantly and show His love and generosity to the world through my life and "art"! 
But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 2 Corinthians 9:6
There is something we can do to help the abundant life to flow more in our lives... We need to sow (plant), love, goodness, joy, peace, happiness, and gentleness into the lives around us and as a result we will reap the same things only more bountifully!
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38
God owns everything in the world, He created or allowed it to be created for our good. He wants our lives to be filled with the good things of this world. I want to live an abundant life. What about you? I think if we start loving others we can live that abundant life. I for one am tired of Satan messing with my life... I have to start telling Him to leave me alone realizing that He is NOT the author and finisher of my faith and should not be able to steal my bounty!

Thanks for reading. God Bless You All!

I am not finished with this drawing but I thought I would add it to this...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment