Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Smile

Smile... it takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown... Have you ever heard that statement?  I have many times. The thing is that sometimes you can be happy and smiling on the inside but your face is "resting". I smile more with my eyes that with my mouth, anyway.

A smile can be deceiving also. I can be smiling and be so very angry at someone, or can be so depressed it is hard for me to manage the smile, but I do it anyway. Even if a person is smiling, I think not assuming all is well is a good thing.

There isn't much more I can say about smiling. There are only 3 times the word is mentioned in the Bible (NKJV), once in 1 Samuel, and twice in Job....
“Now my days are swifter than a runner; They flee away, they see no good. They pass by like swift ships, Like an eagle swooping on its prey. If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will put off my sad face and wear a smile,’ I am afraid of all my sufferings; I know that You will not hold me innocent." Job 9:25-28
If anyone had a reason not to smile, Job was that person. I don't believe God expects us to be happy all the time and to show a smile on our faces all the time. If He did I don't think people like Job, David, and Jeremiah would be in the Bible. I also don't believe that we should wear a frown all the time either. There are some Christians I know that never smile... and that is sad.

I pray that even when I am happy, joyous, depressed, or anxious that I can show my true feelings, smiling when I should and not smiling when I should. I know right now sometimes I mess it up...

Thanks for reading. God Bless You All.

No comments:

Post a Comment