Monday, July 2, 2018

Fresh

All the times the word fresh is used in the Bible has to do with being new or clean, fresh;
"Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh." James 3:12
"But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil." Psalm 92:10
"He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and killed a thousand men with it." Judges 15:15 
So how does this apply to Christian life? How many ways can the word fresh or new be associated with the life I live? There are to many ways to count probably, but I want to talk about one that is important to us all.

We have all been made new (fresh) creations the moment we believe Christ is our Savior and Lord. I had this tattoo done a few years ago to represent that fact.


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."                          2 Corinthians 5:17
I am a new creation and as such I should live my life new every day. God gives a new day every day, we should open our eyes to a fresh outlook to every new day we are given. God put our sin so far away that he doesn't remember it. Our passed, present, and future sins have been covered and cleansed by the blood of Christ. We are new, everyday! What more could we ever need as a child of God, we should make the most of these opportunities He has given us.  I want to allow God to work through me, giving me new and fresh ways to serve Him. I want to be given new and fresh opportunities to share Him with others, to share His love to the world around me.

So, I tried a fresh tangle today. My first attempt at this one... it isn't great, it was fun trying it though!


Thanks for reading! God Bless You All!

Here is another song that is appropriate I think....







No comments:

Post a Comment