Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Glamorous

Have you ever started doing something and then realized it isn't really something you want to do??? This is only word number 41 of the 100 words... it seems like I should be done now! This word is not helping the feeling!

I thought you were not supposed to use a form of the word in the definition of the word... That was what I was taught anyway...
Glamorous: full of glamour excitingly attractive 
So here is how I would have written this definition....
Glamorous: full of an exciting and often illusory and romantic attractiveness; full of romantic, exciting, and often misleading attractiveness; full of a magic spell
All I did was take the definition of glamour and fit it into the definition of Glamorous; so, when we tell someone that are glamorous we are really saying you have fake or misleading beauty! And Glamour Magazine is full of ideas on how to be glamorous. Can you tell glamorous is not a word I use often, or even like? I think we give to much power to the outward appearance of people. Not that being beautiful or looking good is a bad thing, but who we are is NOT what is on the outside, or at least it shouldn't be.
For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Isaiah 53:2-3
Jesus was not buff (no form), He did not stand out from the crowds (comeliness), and He was not good looking (beauty) by that day's standard. According to these verses he was an average person.

When the Jews decided they wanted a king, that God was not enough to lead and protect them, that they wanted to be like the other nations... they chose Saul...
There was a man of Benjamin whose name was Kish the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power.  And he had a choice and handsome son whose name was Saul. There was not a more handsome person than he among the children of Israel. From his shoulders upward he was taller than any of the people.1 Samuel 9:1-2
He was taller than any other person and was good looking. But when God chose a king for them he was...
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”  
Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. 1 Samuel 16:7 & 12
David was "good-looking" but in a boyish way. I think the difference in these two is their attitude toward their looks and their God. Saul knew he was big, strong, and handsome... David loved the Lord and didn't worry about what people thought of him. Saul knew the Lord but didn't "know" or trust Him, David was a friend of God!

I know a lot of Beautiful people! I am going to name some here, I am not name dropping or praising them, they are beautiful outwardly... the thing is I think they are also wonderfully beautiful on the inside and if you have or do ever meet them you will see that also. My daughter is beautiful, just like my mother was, she has a good heart. Nita Whitaker is beautiful, I graduated from High School with her, she has a beautiful voice, and a wonderful attitude. Shelby is another person I know, that I am naming (she will probably want to kill me), because she is beautiful outwardly and she should be modeling... but her outward beauty is nothing compared to the beauty she holds in her true being...  I could continue to name beautiful people but I don't want to jeopardize my friendships (T)...

Beauty is wonderful, God made all things beautiful! Even a platypus is beautiful in some way. He doesn't look on the outward beauty of a person. That glamorous shell is nothing compared to the inward beauty of a person. There are so many people in this world that are glamorous on the outside but they are so very horrid on the inside. So, looks can be very deceiving!

I know I am not "beautiful" outwardly, I have been told that many times! I think I have a good attitude, once I let it show. Those walls I have built are strong and hard to knock down... I want to be able to show the Love of my Lord, to all around me, and share His goodness and beauty with the world. Maybe some day...

Thanks for reading! God Bless You All!

Enjoy this song sung by Nita Whitaker, it is one of my favorites....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment