Saturday, July 28, 2018

Keen


Definition of keen
1a intellectually alert having or characteristic of a quick penetrating mind b extremely sensitive in perception c sharply contested 
2a (1) showing a quick and ardent responsiveness enthusiastic 
(2) eager b of emotion or feeling intense
4a having a fine edge or point sharp b affecting one as if by cutting 
c pungent to the sense very enthusiastic or excited about 
This word is not found in any of the translations of the bible that I would use on a regular basis. I did find it in a few of the paraphrased versions like the J.B. Phillips and The Message.  When looking at the definition "eager" is a synonym for the word so there is the definition I will go with today.
"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself." Philippians 3:20-21
I saw a post on Facebook yesterday that kind of upset me even though I know the character of the person who said it and I understand where they are coming from.... Here is the post...

Why did I mention this post when the verse above speaks to be eager to be transformed and Christ subduing all things to Himself... If you look at the scriptures prior to those:
Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. Philippians 3:17-19
Paul is saying to look at him and others who have set a pattern not the enemies of the cross of Christ. I am in no way saying that the person who posted this is one of those people. They need my love and prayers as much as anyone else... But I eagerly wait for a time when I don't have to feel belittled for being a Christian by my friends, I long for a time when my praying is not ridiculed, I long for a time when Christians will stop being hypocrites (even me). I am eager for Christ to return so that there will be peace in the world and we can live life for a 1000 years as it was supposed to be in the beginning.

As I eagerly wait for the Lord's return, I want to live an abundant life here. I have friends who challenge my Christianity, I am eagerly wishing to show them the Christ I know, because it seems they haven't seen the real Christ! I long to witness to the world and put forth the "Word of Truth" even if I don't do it well because I know that God said this about His Word...
"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11
 I am eager for heaven, I also want to see where this life leads me. I want to eagerly share the gospel with my friends and family, which I hope leads to all of us eagerly waiting for the Lords return.

I hope I am making sense... not sure I am today!

Thanks for Reading. God Bless You All!









No comments:

Post a Comment