Saturday, July 7, 2018

Favorable

Definition of favorable
1a disposed to favor partial taking a favorable attitude toward our request
b expressing approval commendatory The movie received a favorable review.
c giving a result that is in one's favor favorable comparison
d affirmative favorable reply
2: winning approval pleasing favorable impression
3a tending to promote or facilitate advantageous favorable wind
b marked by success favorable demonstration of a new invention
It is hard doing this every day, finding ways to use these words in light of God's Word. Paul told Timothy that ministry was good but it wasn't going to be easy...
If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach. I Timothy 4:6-11
If it wasn't easy for them it is definitely not going to be easy for me. Not that I could even imagine myself ministering any where near the way they did, or being a minister at all. I use that word minister but I am not a "preacher" I just try to speak out about God and share testimony of Him.

So in the passage above the word profitable can be interchangeable with favorable. So godliness is favorable for all things. Being like God, imitating His attributes, is favorable for all things. It is a promise that if we are godly we will have life now and in the future. So, if we are supposed to be godly how do we do that, what are the attributes of God we can manifest? Knowing that some of them we can never show, but some we must!

God is Infinite. This one means He always was, always is, and always will be. God was not created He is the creator. Nothing exists without His hand in it. We can have part of this through salvation, in that we will live eternally.

God is Immutable. He is never changing and yet in some ways He is always changing. Does that make sense? God's love, His attributes, His character, His plans, and promises never change. He changes in me, in light of the situations I am going through He becomes what I need, a friend, a father, a disciplinarian, or my God.

God is Self-Sufficient. He needs nothing from any source but Himself. We can be self-sufficient to a point, but we all are in need of help form time to time. God will always be that help when we need it.

God is Omnipotent. He is all powerful, I am not. He has the power to move mountains, and He said if I had the faith of a small mustard seed I could too. I must have no faith at all... He is my power and those small little hills I think I am moving by myself, He is right there doing it for me.

God is Omniscient. He knows everything, he has all knowledge and wisdom. He gives it to us a little at a time, because we could not handle it all... this made me think of a line from the movie "A Few Good Men"... Please excuse the language in the clip.


We can't handle the truth... at least not all of it at once. God knows just how much we can handle and will show us what we need if we trust Him.

God is Omnipresent. I would loved to be able to twinkle my nose like "Bewitched" and be anywhere I wanted to be. It would be awesome... the thing is God doesn't have to do that, He is everywhere all the time. I cannot imagine that...

God is Wise. Here we can begin to share attributes with God. The Bible says to seek wisdom because it is good and with it comes understanding. Wisdom is not "book" knowledge, it comes from trial and era in us. We learn from mistakes and other events in our lives and in return we get wisdom.

God is Faithful. We need to be faithful too. To God first, then to those God has put in our paths.

God is Good. In Him there is no bad and can be no bad. He is just and good. We need to be good also, to bad we can't be good all the time. We sin, it is in our nature.

God is Just. He treats everyone fairly and without prejudice. To bad I can't say the same for us. We are not just, we judge and have no right to. Oh that we could see people the way God does and not worry about the differences that are really minor.

God is Merciful. He is so merciful in that while we were so bad He has forgiven us. His mercy is undeserved yet He gives it anyway. He expects us to be merciful to others, to forgive. To not try and get even...

God is Gracious. Grace is undeserved also, we should perish and be eternally separated from God but in His grace we are saved from that separation.  We need to show grace to others. We all have done things to hurt others and grace was given to us, how much more should we give it to others.

God is Loving. God is Love. I don't believe we can truly love others without having God in our lives. At least not the way God intended us to love. Love one another as I have loved you is what Jesus said... Love!

God is Holy. Well, here is one we should strive for but will never attain this side of heaven. I still need to try.

God is Glorious! He is Awesome. He deserves our praise. I am only glorious in the fact that I am His masterpiece that He is creating one day at a time. When I reach my final form, and He is finished changing me, I will be glorious too! I still will not be able to out shine His splendor.

So, to be godly I need to have the attributes of God. If I have those attributes then I will be favorable, and that will help me to live a life now that is pleasing to God and myself. I will also have an eternal life that will be pleasing.  Not sure if I got my point across... I hope so.

Thanks for Reading. God Bless You All!






No comments:

Post a Comment