Sunday, June 2, 2013

REJOICE

The sermon at church today was about rejoicing. God has told us to rejoice, He knows we can not always be happy, we can however rejoice in all things. So the scripture reading today was from Philippians 3:1, and my pastor said that Paul speaks of rejoicing or being joyful about 16 times in Philippians. So for the rest of the entry today I will list some of those verses....

"always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,"  ~Philippians 1:4
"What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice." Philippians 1:18
" And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again." ~ Philippians 1:25-26
"fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." ~Philippians 2:2
"holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me." ~Philippians 2-16-18
"Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful." ~Philippians 2:28
"Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe." ~Philippians 3:1
"Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe." ~Philippians 3:3
"Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved." ~Philippians 4:1
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" ~Philippians 4:4
"But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity." ~Philippians 4:10

The Quote:
 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" ~Philippians 4:4
The Drawing: 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment