Sunday, June 9, 2013

NOT DONE

To today is the last day of the 40 day prayer challenge I have been doing. The devotion I read was very cool and spoke of not having the words to say in prayer. There was a story about a Grandpa walking by his grand child's room and hearing them pray the alphabet. When they were finished He asked them why they had prayed that to God. They said "I didn't know what to say so I figured I'd let God put the letters together however He saw fit." I think that is an awesome example of prayer.

Sometimes we don't know what to pray, that is when we need to be still and let God lead us in what to pray. Read the Bible and when you feel a scripture or a word jump out at you then maybe that is what you should pray about. Pray the promises, circle the scripture in prayer. Take your time in the word. "Don't be in such a hurry to get through the Bible that you don't get the Bible through you," Mark Batterson. Whatever you do, don't stop praying.

Now that the challenge is over I can stop praying right? NO WAY, I AM NOT DONE! God has worked in some amazing ways during this time and I know He will continue to work. I have an awesome responsibility to Him in the next month and that time needs to be drenched in prayer!!! If you are reading this Please Pray for God to work wonders in Croatia!

Thank-you Lord for prayer. You, your son and your spirit are not through praying for me. I am not done praying to you. Help me to continue to realize the awesome Power of Prayer! Thanks for ALL you have done, are doing, and will do for us all.

The Quote:
"Prayer is the difference between the best we can do and the best God can do." ~Mark Batterson
The Drawing: 


No comments:

Post a Comment