Monday, June 10, 2013

PRACTICE

"Practice makes Perfect..." I always wondered about this and yes I have said it many time to many people. I believe that if I practice something I will get better at it, maybe. There are somethings that no matter how much I practice I am never going to be good at it let alone perfect. Like running, I do not run well, I never really have. Really, I don't like to run. So no matter how much I practice (I have done a lot of running in my life) I will not get better and will never be perfect. Then there is this idea; What is perfect? Is being perfect at something different for two people. My running may be perfect for me, and yet it would not be for a person like "Flo-Jo" Joyner.

Here is my idea about practice. I need to do it if I want to try and get better at something. "If you don't succeed try try again" It is important to try. So I practice (not running...I don't like to run) my art, I practice being a good friend, I practice being a good mother, and I practice being a Christian. Do I get better at these things as I practice, I hope so. These are areas I want to grow in, and there are many more I just kind of wrapped them up in those mentioned. Am I going to get perfect at some point in time as I practice.Again that is determined by the way we look at the word. I don't believe I will ever be "perfect" in the since of never making a mistake. I can be the best I can be or "perfect" for me. I will always make mistakes in my art, in being a friend, mother, and Christian, the thing I need to try to do it not make the same mistakes twice, and learn to correct the mistakes in a way that pleases God and anyone else involved.Does this makes sense to you? It does to me...

Lord thank-you for the opportunity to try to be "perfect" and thank-you for letting me know it is ok if I am not always "perfect". Help me to always strive to be though.

The Quote:
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~Dalai Lama
The Drawing: I was watching some drawing (doodling) videos today and practicing so that is what you are getting here the front and the back with mess-ups and all!






No comments:

Post a Comment