Friday, June 7, 2013

CHANGE

I know I have missed a few days this Month, as it gets closer to the time I am leaving it seems I have less time for this blog. I am praying, reading my bible, and preparing my lessons for the classes in Croatia. Sorry for not staying on top of this. I also may have used this word before, It can be used again, there are so many ways to look at change.

Change is difference. If you want things to be different, change. You can change anyone but yourself. You want someone else to change you have to model it, and not expect any change.

There are times that our lives need a little remodeling, some change. If things are stagnant where you are, go some place else. If you do things the same way every day, change it up. Change allows us to see things differently.

I am about to leave on a trip that will be a BIG Change for me. First I have never been out of the United States except to Mexico and Canada. I have never flown in an airplane as big as the one I will be in or for as many hours. These changes in themselves will be big ones and I will have to adjust to handle them. That is a good thing, it makes me be adaptable and less resistant to things that happen. It will be a big change to be "thrown" into another culture, even if it is somewhat similar to ours it will still be different and require change. I can not go into that country seeking to change them and the way they do things, I am the foreigner there, I adjust my life to theirs. I am sure I will returned a changed person, it may not be noticeable to others, I am sure God will see it and I will.

Change can be good. Lord, help me to handle the changes in my life in a way that is pleasing to you. Change me to be who you want me to be.

The Quote:
"Change of Pace + Change of Place = Change of Perspective" ~Mark Batterson
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment