Wednesday, October 2, 2013

RIGHT

Today, I was reading in "not a fan" by Kyle Idleman I am finally on the last chapter. It is a very good book... In this chapter he quoted Donald Whitney as saying "If a person is wrong about being right with God, then ultimately it doesn't matter if he or she is right about anything." He is speaking to being right as in walking down the narrow road that few tread, the one Jesus speaks of in Matthew 7:13-14. And I believe that is true, if a person has not truly made Jesus Lord of their life to a point that there is a change in their walk (life), ultimately every thing else is of no consequence. It really doesn't matter what they do in life they are on the path of destruction.

This holds true for a person who is a believer also. Having the path correct and being right with regards to where you spend eternity is one thing.... the hard part of staying on the path is completely different. That takes a daily commitment, a conscience effort. I have to admit that I so often do not have it in me to stay on the path. That is when I do one of two things; I either continue the way I am and mess up royally or I start praying and don't stop. The only way I can make it through days like that is to have Jesus on my mind and in my heart. I still fail all too often. I do not want to be just a fan, I want to be a follower... I want to take up my cross and follow Jesus everyday, yet the weight is almost to heavy at times. Guess what though, I can do it with Jesus' help and he will not allow anything to break me!

I am sorry I have not written this like I should, I have like I said been dealing with some issues. Those are not going, but I am going to not let them keep me from this anymore if I can.

Lord, thank-you for being there for me and for anyone who will reach out to you. Please help me to be right with you in my daily walk since I know who you are as my Lord and Savior. Lord, you know the issues I am having and I pray now for your guidance, thank-you for all you do for me.

The Quote:
"If a person is wrong about being right with God, then ultimately it doesn't matter if he or she is right about anything." ~Donald Whitney
The Drawing:


I drew this on the 27th of September but I didn't post.

No comments:

Post a Comment