Friday, October 11, 2013

ALLOW

A Conversation with a friend....

Me: Good Morning
Friend: Good Morning, it is a beautiful day.
Me: It is going to be a beautiful day, even if Satan has the audacity to hurl a few darts your way it will remain a beautiful day.
Friend: well now...
Me: It is the truth, God made the day beautiful and if you or I allow Satan to take that from us then it is our fault, right!

I needed that conversation as much as my friend did....

It is a shame that so often we do allow Satan to come in and steal the glorious things God has sent our way. We blame Satan but we are really to blame for giving him the right to take it. We allow him to get his foot in the door and try to let him be the scapegoat when we are the ones to blame.

So how do we allow that to happen? What is the cause of God's wonders being pushed to the side? I think it has a lot to do with SELF and not being as committed as we should be to our walk with the Lord.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." I Peter 5:8

We have to be Sober, the dictionary says this means to have an earnestly thoughtful character. We are to be vigilant, carefully noticing problems or signs of danger. We have to watch out to be alert, we can't give into the devil or self one little bit... giving him just one atom of our thoughts, actions, or lives is enough for him to have a hold on us.

II Corinthians 10:5 "casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,"

This verse tells us that those things that exalt themselves are contrary to knowing God, and in the next part thoughts are spoken of. That is where Pride starts in the mind, God is telling us we need to make sure our thoughts are not proud and are focused on Him and His word. When I don't stay focused on God and what His word says, and who he says I am in Him, then I am allowing Satan in to "ruin" my beautiful day.

Lord, thank you for my friends and the conversations we have. Many times you show me your truths through those times spent with them. Lord help me to take to heart everything I have written here. I know I allow Satan control way too often. Give me strength Lord to take my thoughts captive and give my life to you!

The Quote:
"One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived." ~Niccolo Machiavelli
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment