Thursday, October 24, 2013

ALIVE

The Quote:

"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of  the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others." Ephesians 2:1-3


Some months ago I was challenged to look at Ephesians and see myself as God sees me, who I am in him verse by verse. I did do this when asked and have decided to do it here for the next few post or so. I know that the above quote is more than one verse, it is one thought... It speaks to who I was and who I am now.

I was a sinner, the day I was born that is who I was, yes I believe that children are pure, there comes a time when they are accountable for the right and wrong actions that they make. That does not negate the fact that we are all born with a sin nature. As a result of that sin nature we are already dead. As we grow we either turn from that nature and strive to live a life pleasing to God or we continue on head strong in the natural person we are. No one is perfect and I can not go a day, hour, probably even a minute with out sin creeping into my life, whether it be a negative thought, an unkind word, or a lustful look.

The good part is because I have made Christ the Lord of my life, God no longer see a person dead in their sins, He sees a person alive in Christ, covered by the blood of the cross. So even though I still sin He sees the blood, and my life in Christ. Does it hurt Him when I "fall" and give in to the lusts of this world, YES! I should strive to reject the sinful nature and the thoughts that Satan sends my way to draw me away from my God. I need to try to live a perfect life even though it is an impossible task. God doesn't want perfection, He wants willingness, with the right motivations.

Lord, help me to remember who I am in you. I am ALIVE! I am no longer bound by my sins unless I let them bind me. You have given me freedom, I long to live in that freedom for you.

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment