Saturday, October 19, 2013

GO

Lately, I have really been pondering the things God may have for me to do. I believe that He has a purpose for all living creatures and I want to do His will in my life. So as I meditated on that today I ran across the Keith Green Memorial video... all I can say is wow! It would have been so awesome to see this man in person. He hit the nail right on the head. Jesus' last command to His followers was to GO! He even told them where and how far....

The Quote:
"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me, in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ~ Acts 1:8
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo I am with you always, even unto the ends of the age." Matthew 28:19-20

It all starts in the heart of the follower but first you have to be just that, a follower! You have to have your heart right with God, you have to believe that Jesus died for your sins and is alive in heaven today! Then if you really want to be a follower of Christ, you have to have a heart that longs to be a "Jesus Freak" for lack of a better term. When you have that I believe you can't help but reach out to those around you, to draw them closer to Christ.... You start small, your family, your friends, your neighbors, your school, your community, your city, your state, I think you get the picture. It starts in you and grows. If Christ is the Savior and Lord of your life then you should wish to be His follower.

Now that does not mean that everyone that is a follower will be called to a far away land. We all have a job to do, we are Christ's hands and feet. We are His arms that hug the hurting, His voice that comforts the grieving, and His ears that listen to the ones crying out. There are those right here where we live everyday that need Him. Your mission field may be in your own house, your school, or your place of employment. He will work through you if you let Him. Are you willing? I AM!

Lord, please give me a heart that pleases you and longs to do your will. Help me to reach out to those around me and if you are willing for me to go to the ends of the earth, I am willing. For now help me be your hands, your ears, and your voice to those right here. Thank-you you Lord for the opportunity to serve you.

The Drawing:  Today, I have entered a Challenge for a Zentangle Card Swap at Tiffany Tangles. Since it had a heart in the center and that is where this post really begins is in the center of the believer.... I will use it for this Post :)


1 comment: