Sunday, October 27, 2013

GRACE

The Quote:
"even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)," Ephesians 2:5
Grace in the Merriam-Webster in this context is - unmerited divine assistance given to humans for their regeneration and sanctification; special favor; temporary exemption... I have always heard in church that it is unmerited favor. I don't believe that the grace God gives is temporary in anyway, it is everlasting, and I for one do not deserve it.

God in His love for us has bound the darkness of who we really are in our flesh and hidden it away through His grace. I have said this before and I have to say it again, He sees a clean slate that has been washed by the blood when He looks at our lives. Yes, I have sinned since I asked Jesus to wash me white, and I may or may not have confessed those sins I have committed since then. Yet the grace of God through Jesus makes me clean in God's eyes. That does not give me the freedom to go out an do anything I want to do, even though I could and still get to heaven. It does give me the freedom to be alive in Christ and to live my life in a way that is pleasing to God.

I am so glad that the grace of God has bound the darkness that is me and made me whole. I pray that everyday I will seek to share that grace and the love that God has shown me with others. Lord, thank-you for your endless grace and love.

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment