Monday, October 28, 2013

TOGETHER

The Quote:
"...and raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus," Ephesians 2:6
In following the posts where I started this series in Ephesians this verse tells me that God has risen me up out of the muck and mire the old sin nature and allowed me to sit in heavenly places with Christ and other Christians. I am set apart for His use.

Now, I think one of the important parts here is the together. He has raised all of those who have trusted in Him out of that mire. No one person is better than anyone else, we are all the same on a level playing field, and we are together.

There are other places in the Bible where it speaks of each of us being part of the body of Christ. We are His hands, His feet, His voice, and every other part that could be used to further His kingdom. The hand can not work by itself to do anything, it needs the arm. The feet can go nowhere without the leg, and the voice can not speak with out the lungs to provide air, we are all in this together equally.

I think many times as Christians we forget this. We tend to push out on our own without waiting for help or a support system. Even just having people praying for the endeavors we undertake in the name of God is important. Moses needed Joshua and Caleb to hold his arms up while the battle was being waged if Israel was going to be victorious, and so we need each other if we are going to further the kingdom of God.

Lord, help me to be a team player. Help me to pray for others and seek out prayer from others. Help me to be willing to ask for help when I need it and to help others when I can. Thank you Lord for my fellow Christians, help us to sit together in heavenly places and work to further your kingdom.

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment