Friday, October 25, 2013

LOVED

The Quote:
"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us," ~Ephesians 2:4

In the last post I used Ephesians 2:1-4, in those verses it spoke about how God has made us alive out of our trespasses and sins, if we are Christians.  Then there is a list of the way we used to live, the ways that we were children of wrath and conducted ourselves in the lust and desires of our flesh. Yet God made us alive....

The verse today tells me that even though I have that sin nature and I have continued to sin even after having received Christ's gift of salvation, God has mercy on me and I am Loved. It does not matter what anyone has done, or will do, God loves them. He is rich in mercy. He love has no bounds. I do not deserve any of the love I get from Him. His love is unconditional.

Many people want to put rules on how we get to be loved by God. They tell us that we have to be good enough, or go to church every time the doors are open. They say God can only love you if you give to Him, and if you are living a sinless life. These verses prove that that is not the case. He loves us even when we do all the things we know we aren't supposed to do, and yes it hurts Him when we do them and we should try to live a life that is pleasing to Him. He does not love us any less when we fall. We are LOVED.

Lord thank you for loving me even though I can never be good enough to deserve it. Your love is unconditional yet because of it I long to live for you. Help me Lord to return your love by loving others. Thank you!

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment