Friday, October 18, 2013

FIND IT

Yesterday Morning I was looking through some of the suggested videos from YouTube before work and this song "Help Me Find It" by Sidewalk Prophets was there. It was a song that I needed, God is so good to always provide what I need when I need it.

The Quote:
"If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I’m giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I’ve never been alone"

I want to be willing to go anywhere God leads me to go and to be still when he wants me to be still. I want to do His will and want Him to help me find what it is He wants me to do. The question is how do I do that?

The Bible says to "Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10 God is wanting us to talk time from the busyness of our day and be still, to feel His presence and to know He is right there by us helping us to be all He wants us to be. In those times the still small voice of the Holy Spirit can speak to our spirit and guide us. We aren't meant to spend all of our time in the secret listening to God, because then we would not be able to do His will. He needs people to go out and lead others to Him. We can actively listen to Him during the day also, but being mindful of His word, His Spirit, and His presence. Pray without ceasing it says in I Thessalonians 5:17, when we try to accomplish that we will feel Him in our lives.

I want to go anywhere He wants me to go. I went to Croatia isn't that enough? Not for me... I want to minister anywhere He has for me to go, even if it is just right next door. In Acts 1:8, He said to be "Witnesses to Me, in Jerusalem, and in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."  There is a progression in those verses from the local area, the country area, and then to the whole earth. We are His hands, we are His feet, we must go. God will use our willingness in fact that is what he wants.

More often than not I do bring fear and doubt to God about the things He seems to want me to do. I worry and fret over whether or not I am good enough, strong enough, and smart enough, He didn't say I needed to be any of those. He doesn't want me in the way at all really, I can't be good enough, strong enough, or smart enough for without Him I am nothing. He just said to step out, to be willing, to put my faith in Him, He would do it through me, He would give me His strength.

Lord, help me to be willing to serve you everyday of my life. Help me to listen to your spirit so I can be guided to the things you have for me to do. Thank-you for your guiding hand and your love.

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment