Friday, January 26, 2018

The Man in the Moon

Today, the prompt was "Man in the Moon". Now, I will confess I have never been able to see a man in the moon. I have tried and I have looked at photos where people have explained where the "face" is, but I can not see it. I am usually pretty good at finding hidden things in wood grain, marbling, clouds, and other things, I just don't see a man.


For this drawing I don't have verse about the moon or a man in the moon, there really aren't that many in the Bible. I do have a topic that will go with what the moon is and does.

In the beginning God... created the heavens and the earth. He divided the light from the darkness. Called the light day and the darkness night and set ruling lights in the heavens, the Sun and Moon...

As we know from science the Moon is a reflection of the light shining from the sun on the other side of the earth. It gives enough light to help guide but is not too bright to cause sleeplessness. The fact that it is a reflection is the part I want to focus on....

We are meant to be a reflection of the Son... our lives are to shine like the moon to guide others to the Son and not to cause others to stumble. There are many verses that show this truth.
"He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." 1 John 2:6
"Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1
"For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
“Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;
 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."       1 Peter 2:21-25
"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:1-2
" Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross." Philippians 2:5-8 
There are more, I will leave a few for you to find. God expects us to love and live as Christ lived. No that doesn't mean we will have to give our lives for another, but we should live in a way that we would if that was what was needed. The point is the Love. When Jesus was on earth He reflected God's love for mankind and we should now reflect Christ's love so to draw all men to Him.

I don't always do a good job of being that reflection, yet I strive too. It is my prayer that the words I write and the drawings I draw reflect Christ and His love, not me. Thanks for reading. God Bless You!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment