Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Seeing Clearly

Today's drawing was Looking through a keyhole. There were so many ways to interpret that but here is my take today, some other day it might be different....


In the Bible it speaks of the way God sees things and the way we see things being quite different.  Here are a few verses....

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. " 1 Corinthians 13:12
" For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. " James 1:23-24 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. " Isaiah 55:8-12
"But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord; they do not understand his plan, that he has gathered them as sheaves to the threshing floor." Micah 4:12
God see everything all the time. He is omnipresent, omniscience, and omnipotent. In His sovereignty He allows us to make decisions based on the narrow views of the world we have. We make wrong turns and he mercifully guides us back to His plan for our lives. He see the big forest as well as each and every tree in the forest. He knows them all by name. We can't get further than the nose on our face most of the time and as James said as soon as we walk away from the mirror we forget what manner of person we are.

We can never see things just like God sees them, yet we should seek to. We should look at others with the love and mercy God has toward them. We should look at our actions and the things around us through the lens of God's word seeking to know and do the things that God longs for us to know and do.

I pray that I can start to see things more clearly in this life, to see others the way God sees them, and see myself change into what He wants me to be. Thanks for reading, God bless you!
 
 

2 comments: