Sunday, January 21, 2018

Light of the Lord

The prompt "Light Saber" there is not many ways to interpret this one is there. I have no other reference in this physical world except for Star Wars. But oh the possibilities in the spiritual world. Here is my (not very good) drawing today....



So let's beginning.... John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Then further in the same chapter of John 1:4-5
 "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Still further in John 8:12 ....
 “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
And if that wasn't enough Psalm 119:105
"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path".
There are so many more references to the word and light, to Jesus being the Word and the light of the world. All I can say is this, God's Light Saber is Jesus, He shines the Word of Life to our dark hearts and makes us whole. If we follow the word we can have life and the darkness will not engulf us.  And if we have issues that need to be dealt with the word is like a two edged sword cutting to the marrow of our lives showing us the errors of our way.

The Word (Jesus) is just the personified Word (the Bible) both are a light to our troubled lives and can guide us to the path of light and liberty. I hope this makes sense, I know it seems a little far off the mark.... Thanks for reading. God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment