Thursday, January 18, 2018

Two Heads

Today the drawing prompt was "something with two heads"  While things in nature can have two heads at times, and tools can have two heads I decided to draw a Ogre boss from a dungeon in the game "World of Warcraft". This boss has often made me laugh, because one of the heads seems to be superior and the other one rather simple, but I bet the simple one is the more intelligent of the two.


Now, we use the adage, "two heads are better than one" quite often, especially when we have a job to do and we need help completing it. I am not sure in respect to the character above that really matters, they will never win the battle.

The Bible says the same basic thing in many places, today the verses in Ecclesiastes are what come to mind.

"Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
 So what are the verses saying, they are quite literal, I think. You can go through life all alone, coming against things that you can make it through alone, why? God saw that Adam was alone and it was not good. He made the animals for him, but none were suitable for what he needed. So, God created Eve. Now, let me stop here and say I know God did this so that they could multiply, and yet he also did it because two are better than one.

God not only expected Adam and Eve to be husband and wife, but for all humankind to be friends and help each other. To pick each other up, to keep each other warm, to help each other fight, and to be a strong cord against whatever may need dealing with. So why do we turn our backs on those willing to help or those needing help. What causes us not to except that two heads are better than one and that a threefold cord is not easily broken? One word sums it up, PRIDE. I know that is why I don't let people help me, or why I don't see a need that I can help with... wait that would be I ignore a need I can help with because of my pride.

It is my prayer that I will start looking for help in the right places and always be willing to offer help when I can be a help.

Thanks for reading. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment