Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Reflection

Today the prompt for drawing is "your reflection" I do not like to have pictures taken and do not want to draw myself so I drew something a little different. Yesterday, while looking at Facebook, I found a picture of a kitten by a puddle, the reflection was a white tiger... I attempted to draw that today.

As I was drawing I was thinking of the verse below;

Proverbs 27:19  "As in water face reflects face, So a man’s heart reveals the man."
When looking in a mirror (or puddle) what do we see. Mostly, we see the outward appearance, the good, the bad, our physical body.  I have to say that the reflection we see in the mirror is not who we really are.  I think if we did see our real selves in a mirror we might run away in fear.

Our heart is where we really find ourselves. The part we try to hide from view.  The things we think about and do when no one else is watching. Yes, we do show it at times especially if it is good stuff, but no one is perfect and there in the heart of every person is some bad. Everyone who has ever lived on this Earth, except for one person, has sin and evil in their lives. Acknowledging that and dealing with the sin in our hearts is something that is hard to do. That is where a specific kind of reflection comes into play.

A couple of verses before the verse in Proverbs quoted above is the following;
Proverbs 27:17  "As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."
I think that we should find someone to be accountable to. Someone to share our hearts with and ask them to share theirs with us. Ideally, this should be someone you can trust completely and a little more mature in the Lord than you. The later does not always have to be the case though. You each should work together to sharpen each other, to exhort one another to get rid of the sin, so that the heart we have can be shared with the world instead of hidden away.

I try to use this blog as a way to express my heart. I have since the beginning a few years ago. Yes, I have shared some deep things at times. Things I deal with, I hope that all of you find a friend you can share with, someone you can truly trust. It is my prayer each of you have a heart that can reflect exactly who you are. Thanks for reading, Have a great day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment