Friday, May 25, 2018

Knowing God....

I have many Bibles. I have a chronological Bible, a Thomas Chain Reference, a David Jeremiah, a Journaling Bible, a Philips Translation, my Granny's Bible, YouVersion on my Phone, and many more. In the mornings, when I wake up, I read a passage from Proverbs that corresponds to the day of the month. If you don't do this I suggest you try it. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs so plenty to read one a day, I see new things every time I read and things I need get reinforced, it is a good way to start the day. I have been doing this for at least 10 years and I love it.

I also try to read the Bible through every year. My church uses Daily Walk, there is a calendar on the site also, so you don't need the magazine. So, when I sit to have my coffee in the morning (I even did this when I was still working) I would read the passages for the day. I have been using my Jeremiah Study Bible for this since I have had it (about 3 or 4 years).  I make notes and ask questions in the margins quite often.

Today, was no different really except that a note in the margin caught my eye and made me want to write about it. You probably can not see it but I will post the scripture and note after the photo.


The Verse:
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways,
And how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand?” Job 26:14
The Note:
"He is so much more than we know. Knowing Him is like reading the first chapter of a book and never reading any more yet saying we understand it all"  
Now, I am sure that I didn't come up with that on my own, I am just not that smart. So, I am not sure where it came from.... I do know I thought it was important enough to state with this verse. I believe with all my heart it is true. Until we meet God face to face we can never begin to know who He is. I also believe that it will take an eternity to know Him fully.

All we know about God comes from the Bible, and it is a living thing. That means that every time we read it we find something new. I believe that is what God wanted by having the scripture put together the way it was. It changes, it "evolves", we get what we need when He knows we need it. One day a verse will stand out to me and I try to go back and find it a few days later and can't...

We have words that tell us who God is, His attributes... yet all of those are nothing compared to who He truly is. I could never portray my God with mere words or art. We can never know Him completely.

It is my hope and prayer that everyone who reads this believes me when I say I love you! I want all people great and small, young and old, rich or poor, to come to know, love, worship, and serve God. It is my prayer that in some small way God uses this blog to further His kingdom in which I am a tiny, insignificant speck. I pray that everyone who reads this will at least take up the challenge to read a chapter of Proverbs everyday, it is really a good thing to do!

Thanks for reading, God bless you all.... Enjoy the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment