Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Advice from a ....

I have not been working on this blog because our days on this journey have been filled with visiting, seeing sights, and driving. Today is a "rest" day... we will see some things here in Cody, Wyoming, but we will not be going far. So I will try to give a synopsis of our trip since the last post and trying to honor God in the process. As a consequence this will be a photo intense and long blog post.

May 5th, on this journey of ours, we visited the Great Sand Dunes National Park. It was awesome to walk in this sand... it didn't feel like the sand you see at the beach or a sand box. It was almost soft.... it was smooth. Even the sand getting in your shoe was not as annoying as other kinds of sand... We also visited a water fall that was close to the Sand Dunes. The trek to the falls was a 1/2 mile hike up a mountain, then we had to walk through a stream...

Great Sand Dunes National Park
Zapata Falls

May 6th, we drove from Alamosa, Colorado to Cody, Wyoming, the driving time was just over 10 hours but we took a few detours. I wanted to see "Chimney Rock" so I turned on this very curvy and rather scary dirt road.... we got to a section that was covered in mud and snow and could go no farther. I had to turn the car around... it wasn't an easy feat.

May 7th we went to Yellowstone. We saw many awesome things. The snow was still holding on so everything was not open, so we saw everything we could see in one day. We saw a mother bear and her cubs, lots of Buffalo, a lone wolf, some moose, deer, and a mountain goat. The scenery was wonderfully majestic. We saw the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, and the Prismatic Pools, and of course Old Faithful. The lake there is massive. You can smell the sulfur through the park, and steam rises endlessly from the hot and acidy pools.

Driving to Cody, WY
Yellowstone

I didn't get a picture of the bears on my phone. They were far away. I have so many photos on my "good" camera... and I have videos to edit also.... when I get home there will probably be a "movie" made. 

The title of this post, came from some bookmarks I bought that I thought were cool. Here is a photo of them....

I decided to try to find verses to go with these statements and I may or may not comment to them... so here goes

Advice from a Sand Dune:
Soak up the Sunshine: Philippians 4:8 
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Stay Loose: Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
This one might need a little explanation. We as Christians need to be able to fit in to whatever situation arises. That doesn't mean we give into sin but we adapt to the situations we are in so that we can be a better witness for the Lord.

Keep Moving: Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Embrace Winds of Change: John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Don't be afraid of what is to come.... embrace all that comes your way, have peace, trust God, and keep moving forward.

Make Positive Ripples: I Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Don't Get Carried Away: Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it isgood that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them. 
Show Your True Grit: I Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Advice from a Bison:
Stand Your Ground: I Corinthians 16:13
Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 
Have a Tough Hide: Romans 13:12
The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
I don't know what tougher skin we could have as Children of God than His armor.... whether it is this armor mentioned here or the armor mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-18

Keep Moving On: II Peter 3:14
Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
Cherish the Wide Open Spaces: Psalm 118:19
Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them and I will praise the Lord.
There were not any verse other than this one that I thought was appropriate for this. God opens the doors or gates to His plan for us (the gates of righteousness) and we have a world or wonder at our disposal... wide open for us to do as He wants us to do...

Have a Strong Spirit: Romans 8:27
Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
The Holy Spirit stands before God strongly on our behalf making intercession for us.... if we allow the Spirit to move in us our spirit can be strong like the Holy Spirit... 

Roam Wild and Free: 2 Samuel 6:16b
looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the Lord
David loved and worshipped the Lord with all his heart, soul, body, and mind... as a result he was wild and free enough to dance unabandoned before his God. He did not care who saw him, or what they thought. Maybe we should become more like David.

Let the Chips Fall Where They May: Psalm 37:8
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Don't fret -- it only causes harm.
Advice from a Geyser:
Rise to the Occasion: II Timothy 4:2
Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
Stay Active: Colossians 1:29
To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.
Find Your Inner Strength: Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Vent When You Need To: Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
God is a God of understanding and mercy... He already knows what is in our hearts, the good, the bad, and the ugly.... He wants to hear us voice it... to cry out loud... Believe me He can take it!

Enjoy the Quiet Moments: I Thessalonians 4:11
hat you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,
Be Faithful: Matthew 6:24
 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Let Off a Little Steam: Psalm 84:2
My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Again cry out to God... he can take it and He wants to hear it...

So, I told you this would be a long blog. It has taken me most of the day to write. I loved every minute! Isn't our God an awesome God who can teach us through His word and through the simple examples of His creations. I love my Lord so much, I need to show it more!

Thanks for reading and God Bless all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment