Thursday, May 10, 2018

Friends

Yesterday, we left Cody, Wyoming and traveled to Crawford, Nebraska. It was a little more than a 6 hour drive. On the way out of Cody I saw this "hill" that I wanted a picture of, just because I wanted to try and draw it.... here it is the picture and the drawing....



Now that we are in Nebraska we are visiting friends. I have really missed my friend. Her children are very close to me and the last one is graduating on Saturday from High School. Makes me feel really old. It has been 5 years since I was here last and that was for another graduation. I do not get to see this friend as often as I would like. We used to spend so much time together when we both lived in the same place.

There is a song that I learned in Girl Scouts although we usually only sang the first verse in a round....

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean.

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be.
The friends and family I have visited on this trip are special to me for many different reasons. I met them during different seasons of my life and have kept them close to my heart even while apart.

We have faced trials and hardships together side by side and over the distances. We have had our share of disagreements and our total agreements. We have laughed, cried, screamed and been quiet with each other together and across the miles. Yet, through it all we have loved and that is the most important thing.

Here are some verses that the Bible uses to describe friendship....

The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray. Proverbs 12:26
friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.  Proverbs 17:17
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.  Proverbs 18:24
He who loves purity of heart And has grace on his lips, The king will be his friend.  Proverbs 22:11
He who loves purity of heart And has grace on his lips, The king will be his friend.  Proverbs 27:6
Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9
Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend, Nor go to your brother’s house in the day of your calamity; Better is a neighbor nearby than a brother far away.  Proverbs 27:10
As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.  Proverbs 27:17
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. John 15:13 
The Bible has a lot to say about friendship,
Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
God created the ultimate relationship in the garden when he created man to be His friend. He then created woman to be a companion to man, because it wasn't good for him to be alone. He created children from the union of man and woman, which created a third relationship between parents and offspring. The fourth relationship being between siblings, which started out rock way back then and still proves to be tumultuous today. So, as a result of this and because people multiplied on the face of the earth He created the relationship known as friendship.... What a wonderful thing it can be, and I cherish everyone I have no matter how close we are physically, or in what stage that relationship is (acquaintance or best).

So, as I am here visiting one of my friend.... one that is like a sister to me, I want to say thanks to all the friends I have past, present, and future. Those from long ago that I remember but haven't seen in years and those I only met yesterday... I love you all and wish you the very best life has to offer. Thanks for being part of my life.

Thanks for reading and God bless all of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment