Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sharing

So, there are no drawing or pictures today. I will be home on Monday, I hope and will share some of the other photos very soon.

Every so often I feel like I need to say some things and share some thoughts that are not hard to share but I just can't always speak out loud. I am not a person who can share things easily. Even though and probably because I am an emotional person, I just don't openly share things usually.

I have something I want to share, and I hope if you are reading this you will share also... you don't have to but it would be nice to get some feed back on the things I write.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, I Corinthians 15:1-4
I do not think I have mentioned in this blog about how I came to worship the way I do.... although I have many times given my beliefs in this blog.

When I was young my family went to church together.... somewhere around kindergarten that changed. I liked going to church so when I was in 1st or 2nd grade I started going to church with an employee of the school I attended. I did that until I was in 5th grade and we moved across town. It was hard for her to come and get me for church. But there was a church that had buses that would pick children up and take them to church. I went to that church through College... All this time I loved to go to church and was not a happy camper if I couldn't.  I learned a lot through out this time, then I realized when I was 12 I needed to let Jesus be the Lord of my life. I have not always lived a life that has been pleasing to God... I don't even today... the good that I do is like filthy rags.
But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6

So I said all that to be able to share this....

I believe that to get to heaven the is only one thing you have to do and that is believe.... The first verses above tell us exactly what we need to believe.

First, that God sent His only Son, to live a perfect life on earth.
Second, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.
Third, that He was buried and that He rose again on the third day, according to the scriptures.

That is it.... if I believe these things the Bible, God's Word says we will have everlasting life, that we are saved. God's mercy is imparted to us so that we can live eternally with Him.

Jesus didn't come to condemn us to an eternity of torment, He came to give us life.... abundant life!

There are people who think.... You can not tell someone all they have to do is believe because that is like giving them a license to sin.... it doesn't because even though we have believed and have eternal life we will be held accountable for the lives we live after salvation. There will still be a judgment!

So this is what I wanted to share... do I have an agenda with sharing this... yes and no... I want everyone to go to heaven, I want everyone to be my brothers and sisters in Christ. Do I have specific people I want to make sure are there, well YES!!! Don't you? I know God also wants everyone in heaven...

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
So, if God doesn't want any to perish, neither do I.... If you need to hear more about this I am willing to talk, or I can have someone a little more expert contact you. Just let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading, God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment