Monday, September 2, 2013

LOVE

The Quote:
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love." 1 John 4:7-9
The Drawing:

I have been a little distracted lately and have either vented my feelings or not written at all in this blog. I am human, because I am I do have feelings, emotions that get in the way of the important things. Not that this blog is important other than to let me have a say even when no one may be listening... Sorry I have missed a day anyway :)

Last night a young man spoke at our church. He was our pastor's son, and he is a very good speaker as his father is. He spoke of Jesus' compassion for people. In Matthew 9:36, Jesus was moved with compassion for the multitudes of people who were there with Him. As the speaker pointed out they had all been healed already and they were not hungry. What was left for Jesus to feel so much compassion for, he took care of all their needs right? He had met their physical needs because that was what they wanted, they were still a people longing for a guide, they had not seen Jesus in that way yet and He was moved with compassion. They still needed His love, they needed people just like them to show them His love.

John was one of the disciples that was there that day when Jesus had such great compassion for the people. I have no idea if John totally understood at that time the magnitude of Jesus' love, at some point he did because he wrote about it in his letters. He understood that if Jesus loved us enough to die for us that we should be filled with that love and let it pour out to others. Compassion for others is the Love of God. God is Love and without Love we are lost and good for nothing. I believe that where love abounds, love grows and spreads.

Sometimes it is hard to show love to others for any number of reasons. There are times when I just don't feel like letting the children hug me at school, or smiling. It isn't that the compassion isn't there, it is always, it is that I am being selfish and depressed. Sometimes, I succeed at forcing myself to let the kids hug me or smile; then I realize that made my day a little brighter. At times I don't succeed and my day stays dreary. I need to try and let Love abound everyday.

Lord, give me the strength to use the compassion I have to Love those around me in the way that you would have me too. Without Love we are nothing, for you are Love. Thank you Lord for Loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment