Saturday, September 14, 2013

CARYN

It has been a quarter of a century a wonderful journey with many mountains, hills, valleys, and wide open spaces. On this day 25 years ago at about 6 am my beautiful daughter was born. I was not expecting to have such a joy in my life. Yet God gave me this wonderful gift and I have cherished her from day one.  Since the day I knew I was going to have a baby the child was in my heart, my mind, and was my life. I wanted a boy, I decided not to find out what I was having before she was born. The doctor told me the very first day I saw him, sounds like a girl's heart beat if I ever heard one. He was right and I am glad.

Our life together has never been easy. I should have known that my beautiful daughter would be head strong and independent from the very first day she came into this world; 31 hours of intense labor should have been the warning. It has she and I since that time. Don't get me wrong there have been people in our lives that have helped us along and some that had good
intentions; for the most part it was just us. That may have been more of a burden to her, because her most faithful playmate, confidant, and friend was her mother. She was more of an adult than a child growing up, always polite and respectful to others, and she demanded the same. Many people think that we are "joined at the hip" that is not exactly true. She is and always has been very independent. That independence is one of the things I like the most about her, even when it can also be a downfall.

So, today I have some words I want to say to her, and I say them here because may be someone else may need them also.

Caryn, you know that the golden rule has always been important to me; I taught it to you from birth, never forget to put others head of yourself and you will come out ahead in the long run. Be yourself, God made you the way you are for a purpose, I believe He has you in His loving care, always has had and always will. Whatever you seek to do do all to honor that God and purpose He has for you. You are his, He loaned you to me, I have tried to teach you all you need to know to make it in this world, remember.  Remember I have loved you from the day you were given to me; through the 31 hours of labor, all the bad times and the good ones, all the happiness and sadness. I loved you every time I kissed you good night and everyday when I pray for you, I will love you with all I have till the day I take my last breath and when that day comes I will love you and be waiting for you in Heaven.

Lord, please bless my daughter in all that she does, Help her to be the person you want her to be, You made her independent, beautiful, intelligent, and wonderful guide her in using all you have given her. Thank you for letting her be part of my life for these 25 years and for many, many more to come, Lord!

The Quote:
"Happy Birthday, I love you more than these words can say!" ~ Me
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment