Friday, September 13, 2013

GOLD

When I decided on this word a verse popped into my head so that will be the basis of this blog....
"And Peter said, Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." Acts 3:6
Peter and John had been in the temple for prayers. A man who was crippled all his life was in the temple asking for offerings. He saw Peter and John and asked them for some money. Peter told him to look upon them. In my mind Peter is saying look at us, I believe if it had been today Peter would have pulled his pockets inside out and then said the verse above. Peter gave the man all he could give him, and it really it wasn't him doing the giving, it was Jesus.

Silver and Gold I do not have either. Such as I have a will give anyone. Now, I am not saying I can heal someone, far from it, my faith is not big enough.... If it were believe me people would be being healed left and right. I can pray for people, I can share the material things I do have. I can listen. All I have is what Jesus has given me and He gave all He had, why should I do any less.

There is one thing I long for everyone in the world to have; I wish everyone had eternal life. Jesus is the only one that can give that to you. All I can do is tell you Jesus Loves you, He died for You! He would love for you to know Him as I know Him. God is my Father, Jesus is my Savior, I may not have silver and gold to share, I know who owns the cattle on a thousand hills and you can too.

Lord, help me to share your love with those around me. Forgive me for not being faithful enough to do as Peter did. Help to share what I can. Forgive me when my actions are not what they should be, help me to be your workmanship.

The Quote:
"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." ~Mahatma Gandhi

The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment