Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PRAYER

The Drawing and the Quote!


I made a digital drawing today, not really a drawing, but it is a graphic. This prayer comes from the youth Sunday school material that I use to teach the youth. They have many prayers like this through the lessons, but this one stood out for me, and I hope my students will use it also.

So what is this prayer saying? What makes it so special? Mostly this prayer is about the person praying, being willing to pray this prayer and do these things!

First, it praises God for being good, perfect, the giver of life and true. Just as the Lord's Prayer (the model prayer Jesus gave us) does, we should always praise God for who He is.

Next the person praying the prayer is asking for help to know God better. We can know God better through our quite times, through reading God's word, and through listening to our pastors in church. And God can help us know Him better through other means also. He can send people our way, speak to us through the Holy Spirit, or even through trials and troubles we face. God is every where and can use anything to make Himself known to us. We have to be willing for Him to do it.

Next, the person praying is proclaiming a desire to walk in God's way, to live by God's standards (rules). They acknowledge that it is hard to do this on our own and that the good news is that they don't have too. God is right there with them and will help them.

Then they seek transformation, so that they can live by God's rules.

They pronounce they are ready to make decisions based on God's truth (the bible) and stand up for what is right even when the world around them is falling to pieces and going the other direction. They declare they can NOT do it on their own. They seek to be transformed by God. They seek Him to help them.

Romans 12: 1-2 says; "I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God that you present you bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."  

I think that the person who wrote this prayer had these verses in their minds and I believe that if we seek God first in all we do that he will give us the desires of our hearts. It is my desire to live this life for God, I am willing to pray this prayer everyday! I hope that my students and many of you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment