Monday, April 30, 2018

80 Years Young!

I believe it is a wonderful accomplishment to live to a great old age. This month my daughter's grandmother (her father's mother) turned 80. They gave her a surprise party that my daughter and I attended. My daughter did not tell anyone that we were coming, so it was a total surprise for the family. The drawing below is a "sketch" (not a very good one) from a photo of all the grand kids, and the grandparents.


Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 
The Bible says to train a child in the why he should go.... So as parents when our child is born it is our job to train our children to live a life pleasing to God. The life that they should live... it never says they will always stay in the way. They may stray, they may disobey, they may live a life for a time that isn't pleasing to us or our God.

The thing is I believe that every promise of God's Word comes true. This is a promise. If we do our job, to train our children in the way they should go.... then when they are old they will not depart from it... in my mind this means they will come back to it....

I know I did not always follow the path that was laid out for me, but as I grew older I realized how much that path meant to me and the life I really wanted to live, so I came back to God. So can our children....

The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, If it is found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31
Now, my daughter's grandmother is living a life she feels is pleasing to God and all of her 80 years are reflected on her silver head is a crown of glory for her. I pray that I can live my life and that my daughter will live her life in a way that will please God and that will lead us to a crown of glory. I always say I earned every gray hair on my head, I just want God to be pleased with my life when the time comes....

Thanks for reading. May God Bless each of you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment