Sunday, April 22, 2018

Above All

No art today... sorry I know everyone just loves it... (it is so hard to put sarcasm in print) I am going to link to a video here though....



Today, the praise team sang this above song during worship. The video will be up soon but I am not trying to get you to here that. I am trying to express my love for my Savior by writing this blog.

 As I was teaching my Sunday School class today the power of the words of this song hit me. Jesus put me, you, everyone above everything He could have had or done. I was telling the kids that I thought they should watch "The Passion" to get just how much Jesus loved us. Yet, I told them that even that movie could not portray the immense love He showed, the profound pain He suffered, the unrecognizable person that He became, all for us. I compared it to a fighter who has been beaten beyond recognition, I told them to think about a time when they might have had a black eye. What happens is the eye and skin around the eye swell until sometimes you can barely see that there is even an eye there. Jesus looked worse than that, Isaiah 53 says....

Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Surely, He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
And they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
I think about how, by the time Jesus was carrying the cross, before Simon of Cyrene had been compelled to carry it for Him, He didn't even look human any longer. What immense pain and suffering He bore. He traveled on and laid down with no prompting and let them nail Him to that cross. His breathing would have been almost non-existent, it would have been unbearable for Him to speak the few words He spoke. Then as His Heavenly Father turn His back on Him and placed the weight of me sin on His already indistinguishable form He said.... "It is Finished"

I am so glad that Jesus died for me, for you, for everyone.... I am so glad that all I have to do is believe that He was able to be that FINAL sacrifice for me. I am so glad that He didn't stay dead but that He is alive and well.... and He is coming again to claim all who believe for life eternally with Him. 

One more video, if you care to watch that makes me think of all Christ did for me... Thanks for reading, I hope all of you come to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. God bless you all!


1 comment:

  1. As I read this, I recalled the timeline of His death and what we know now must have happened to His body minute by minute, second by second. I can not fathom the price He paid for me.

    ReplyDelete