Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Project and Usefulness

I have been busy the past week or so working on a project. I am going to share a couple of photos but will not be sharing what the project is because I don't want to spoil the surprise. I am doing better at blogging this time, just not doing as well I as I first started, sorry about that. Here are the photos of the project I am working on.  These are tassels I made and there are metal pieces that I have "engraved".




Now on to the blog....

Have you ever felt "useless" not really in a bad way. I don't mean I feel good for nothing or incapable. I am capable of many things but there are times when I feel useless. 

I have friends who God has put in my path, people God sends my way that need my help... and all I can do is pray, most of the time. Not that prayer is useless, prayer is far from useless. I just long to be able to do more. I can listen, but I still want to do more. I can give a ride, share verses, or even if I have it give money. I still feel like it isn't enough. 

Since I have been retired more and more people have stepped into my life (God has put them in my path) who need me. I want so much to help them, to share God with them, to take their hurts away. I feel like I fail at it in so many ways, because of time, distance, money, and even ability.

Ministry is hard, and I know God never said it would be easy. Why should I think it would be, Jesus' ministry wasn't easy, he was rejected, belittled, mocked, beaten, called names, and eventually died. I am so glad He didn't stay dead!

There are some verses that remind me that the people God puts in our paths are there to help us see Jesus everyday. 

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’  Matthew 25:34-40
I hope that I am helping others the way these did, but I feel like my help is not as useful as it should be.  I want to see Jesus through the people He brings my way. I also want to be useful. I pray all the time for God to help me love people the way he wants me to... I just wish it was easier to do.

Lord, thank you for the people you have and will send my way. Help me to be what you want me to be to them, and Love them the way you love them. Thanks to those of you who read my post. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment