Saturday, March 31, 2018

Cherry Blossoms

I think cherry blossoms are beautiful... so today I decided to paint a branch. It is the first I have ever done and it may or may not be the last. This is also the first drawing or anything I have done in the handmade journal my daughter made for me. It won't be the last "art" I do in that journal...



I spent the better of Good Friday in the hospital. I thought I was having another heart attack. It was not one, thank goodness, but it makes me wonder.... Do you think Jesus, being human, may have been a little frighten at the prospects of dying? The Bible says:
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15

I think he did and that is why he prayed in the garden:
He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.Matthew 26:39 
Jesus knew the things he would feel would hurt. He also knew the things he would feel would save all of us! So he endured the pain of a broken heart you and me!

I was scared and worried while in the hospital, but I also knew God had things in control. He even had a friend in the room with me while the cath was being done.  Someone I know from church, which was calming. They even played Christian music for me... couldn't really hear it all that well.

My heart is not healthy, I have to realize that. And sometimes being sick with a cough can cause pain that seems like a heart attack, there is the problem... when do you really know. I felt a little silly when there was nothing wrong, and people say better safe than sorry.... I agree but I still feel silly. 

In this Easter season I pray that you all attend church somewhere and honor Jesus for all that He did for us. He endured pain none of us can imagine so that we would not have to! God bless you all, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment