Saturday, March 3, 2018

This is My Father's Beautiful World

I haven't drawn or written much lately. Things have been busy and as a result I haven't really felt like drawing or anything. I will do it as often as I can or feel it in my creative heart. Today, I feel like writing about the photos I took.

I have written before about the wonder of my Father's Creation. I have written about flowers and the beauty of them. I have even written about this topic but I feel it all needs repeating, mostly because I forget the truth behind this. First here are the photos...enjoy...


I was picking up sticks in my yard when I decided to take this photos. I am always surprised at the ability of the camera on my phone, it takes really good photos.

When I see these kinds of flowers I am reminded that God is an awesome God and Creator. He has the most wonderful ways to let us know just how much he can make anything look beautiful and can use anything for His honor and glory.  Because let's face it, these are basically weeds. When we see the weed, usually we want to pluck it right up, get rid of it, and eradicate it. Yet every year God brings the weeds back to teach us a lesson.

No one in this world is perfect, even the most beautiful person (in man's eyes) has a flaw hiding some where. The flaw may not be visible to the world, but it is to that person and to God. It could be an internal flaw or a physical one, but there is at least one. Weeds are God's way of reminding us that He can use the most detestable things to further His Kingdom, or not use the most beautiful because they are less than beautiful in His eyes. Think about it.... the Bible says:


"You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
 “You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.
 “By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones.
 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you." Ezekiel 28:13-17
I believe one of the most beautiful beings God ever created was Lucifer. The Angel is described in the verses above, as well as the pride that caused his fall and causing his beauty to be tarnished. Unfortunately, we can be like Lucifer, beauty can make us prideful. That is when he reminds us that weeds have beauty too.

These weeds not only remind me that there are flaws in all beauty, but that God can and does use the least likely things to teach His lessons. A person with "diminished" mental capacity, a child, someone recovering from drugs or alcohol, an unforeseen tragic event, or even a storm can be used to teach a lesson. God can use all things for His good. Look at all of the people and events God used in the bible to teach lessons. David and Paul were murderers, even if they were "in authority" yet God used them to further His Kingdom. Jonah ran from God and God still used Him. Samson let a woman still his strength, and God used him. There are so many examples in the Bible of God using the less desirable for His glory. Boy, am I glad He did, because that means there just might be hope for me!

I hope as always that this makes sense. It does to me, but I am not, nor have ever said I was a good writer or teacher. I hope that God can use these little attempts for His glory... that this little weed of a devotion can bring some beauty into His Kingdom and someone's life. Thanks for reading, God Bless you all.







No comments:

Post a Comment