Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NOT

The Quote:
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself; it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

I God's eye I am saved because of His grace and faith. I have a gift that no one else could give me, only God.

It is NOT something I can do for myself. If I had to save my self I would still be on my way to hell. I am NOT good enough. I am NOT strong enough. I do NOT have the knowledge or the power to make it to heaven on my own merit. Without God's gift of love and grace I would NOT be saved.

I can NOT do anything to earn the gift. If I could it would make the gift nothing. Once God gave me the gift it was mine forever. NOT one thing can take the gift God gave me away. I can NOT do anything to lose the gift God has given me. I might hide it or cover it with new sins, God looks right through all that and sees the gift. I can NOT hide it from God.

This does NOT mean I can go out and do whatever I want. It does NOT give me a license to sin. I can NOT stop working for God's kingdom just because I have this gift. Well, I could do these things.... I should NOT want too.

Lord, help me to NOT take the gift you gave me for granted. Help me to NOT forget to share your love and grace with others. Help me to be the person you see me as and NOT the person I think I am. Thank you Lord for the gifts you have given me.

The Drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment