Thursday, November 28, 2013

THANKS

Today is Thanksgiving here in the US. We have so many things to be thankful for in this country,in this world, in this life!

First, there is life. On November 30 last year I had my second heart attack. God has blessed me so many times by keeping me alive. I have no idea why or what He has planned for me that He is keeping me around. I know I want to be willing everyday to serve Him and to help those in need He brings my way, any way I can.

I have a place to live, to work, and to go to church. I am free (at this point) to do, to worship, and to live the way I want to as long as it is lawful. God has blessed America to stay a nation for over 200 years, and I believe that it is only because there are God fearing people who pray daily for it. I believe there will come a time when we will have to ask God like Abraham did... "Would you also destroy the righteous with the wicked?" Suppose there were 50 righteous in the city; would you destroy the place and not spare it for the 50 righteous that were in it?" (Genesis 18: 23-24) Today, we are safe, tomorrow may be a different story.

I have a Daughter who is beautiful in so many ways. God blessed me good when he gave her to me. I have a brother and a Dad, a step-mom and many many other aunts, uncles, cousins and so on... I love them all and I am glad they are in my life. I have a half-sister out there somewhere that I wish I could meet and get to know. I love her also even though I have never met her!

I have friends in many places all over the world and they are all very special to me! Some of them more than they know. They all have a special place in my heart and I am thankful for them!

I am Most thankful for my LORD, my Savior, my God! He is my all, without Him I am nothing. He is the air I breath and the song I sing. I do not live up to His will for my life on a daily basis, yet I know He still loves me. He sees my heart and knows the good and evil in me. I pray He will continue to guide me through this life.

I am Thankful that I have the ability to write this blog. Sometimes it does not make any sense I know, yet I share my heart here, and I am glad I can. Thanks to all of you who read it.

Lord, help me to be thankful every day of my life, not just on this one! You are so awesome and have given me so much! Thank-you!

The Quote:
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment