Monday, November 18, 2013

STUFF

Stuff happens! I have tried so hard to keep this blog going and really I thought that I would do much better. Things just get in the way, it is hard to get motivated sometimes. Even today this is not an easy task. I know I haven't written in a while, I want too.

Stuff can mean a lot of things.... You could look at it like a closet filled to the brim that someone has opened and everything has fallen out on top of them. At times that is how my life feels like an avalanche of unusual odds and ends tumbling into my space and making it hard to function.

Stuff can be a boulder or log in the road that makes you turn around, causing you to detour from your chosen path. Those hindrances are often large, time consuming, unexpected, and at times hazardous, yet they can most often also be something that is needed to get us back on the right path.

Stuff can be a dead end! No where to turn it seems because there is not enough room to maneuver, and backing up is rarely an option. Yet. in those times a way out is provided even if you have to crawl through a tight space or climb a high mountain.

Most of the stuff that comes our way we bring on ourselves. The words spoken or the actions taken without thinking can cause stuff to pile up. We make choices whether we think that all is well or we know it is not, we do them anyway.... then we complain about the stuff that is in our way. There are times it is the stuff of others that has gotten in our way somehow, we still allowed that to happen....

So lately, my stuff and the stuff I have allowed to get in my way has kept me from writing and drawing and spending much time being creative. I hope that I can get back on track... I am trying... just need to push some stuff out of the way!

Quote:
"Same old stuff, different day." ~Anonymous

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment