Thursday, January 31, 2013

FOOD

It has been a long month. As a teacher I get paid once a month and at Christmas time we get my January check before we leave for the holidays, usually sometime around Dec 20th. I did well and had a majority of my check last a lot longer this year.... I am so glad to day is payday! The food is getting scarce.

Food is important for the daily life, we need less of it than we think we do at times. Since my heart attack in November I have been pretty much a vegetarian, I have always loved salads, most veggies, and beans so it wasn't hard for me to virtually cut out meats. It is harder to find good fresh veggies here in this area during the winter months. Maybe I should grow my own again.

Physical food is not the only food I need to sustain my life. I need to daily study the Word of God, that is were I get my meat to chew on. I read my bible and devotional, then I usually work on this before I go to work. All these activities give me guidance and meditative words to carry me through the day. Often they can be my strength in a time of need. Spiritual food helps me grow if I let it, in order for it to do that, I have to put the words (food) into practice. I pray that the words (food) I study daily will become alive in my life and visible to those who need to see them. I want this food to give me strength to handle all that comes my way everyday.

The Quote:
"But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."'  ~Matthew 4:4

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment